WST Shuttle-280 racer with real time image transmission
Looking on the images with this WST Shuttle-280 racing quad, I don’t know why, I have the impression of a”flying pig” :D. Although the fully enclosed design seems to be a good idea because it will protect the components in case of crash-lands.
Thanks to the 1-axis gimbal, the tilt angle of the frontal camera can be adjusted remotely. This way the operator can set the best angle of view during the flights.
In order to have an optimal heat dissipation in the rear part of the aircraft there is a small heatsink and the battery compartment door is equipped with vents.
The 2200mAh Li-Po battery is loaded from the top of the airframe and allows up to 10 minutes of flight autonomy.
Unlike my recently reviewed Runner 250 Advance racer, this WST Shuttle-280 comes with a 5″ FPV monitor so you don’t need any extra investments to enjoy the fun of the first person view flights.
The WST Shuttle-280 is supplied with a nice 9 channel remote controller from Radiolink which provides about 1500 meters control range. Unfortunately, the FPV range is a bit shorter, the integrated 600mW 5.8GHz TX module allows up to 1km transmission range.
If you feel ready and want to try a racing quadcopter, this model can be ordered from HobbyWOW. For those who already own a compatible transmitter and a FPV monitor, the BNF version of the Shuttle-280 costs only $240.
WST Shuttle-280 quadcopter features and specs
- Fully enclosed airframe design;
- 2.4GHz 9 channel transmitter;
- Powerful 2204KV brushless motors;
- Oneshot125 12A ESC;
- 5″ propellers;
- CC3D flight controller;
- FULL HD 1080P camera;
- Built-in 1-axis gimbal which allows to adjust the tilt angle of the camera;
- 600mW real time image transmission module (5.8GHz);
- Compatible with FPV goggles;
- About 600-1000m FPV range;
- About 1-1.5 Km control range;
- Up to 10 minutes flight time.
WST Shuttle-280 package includes
- Racing quadcopter with integrated 1080P camera and 5.8GHz 600mW FPV TX;
- RadioLink AT9 transmitter;
- 3S 11.1V2200mAh Li-Po battery;
- Balance battery charger;
- 5″ FPV Monitor;
- WST Shuttle-280 user manual.