The Xilo 5″ DIY KIT is the perfect beginner bundle to get you everything you need to start building your own freestyle FPV drone. It includes a frame kit, flight controller, FPV rig (camera and VTX), motors and propellers. Furthermore, there is a detailed step-by-step video guide made by Joshua Bardwell about how to build it from scratch.
Like most 5-inch FPV racing quads, the XILO Phreak also comes with 2 power options. While 4s edition has 2600KV motors, 6s has 1700KV ones. The rest of the kit parts are identical in both variants. Generally, 4s versions are more proper for newbie pilots. The 6S version will have a bit more potential power due to the higher voltage.
As the motors come with wires only, you will need a soldering iron to make the electronic connection to the ESC board. Also, a couple of screwdrivers will be required to assemble the frame Xilo kit.
The 5″ XILO ARF drone kit includes the following parts:
- XILO Phreakstyle Slam Freestyle frame kit;
- XILO Stax Combo flight stack (F4 Flight Controller + 45A BLHeli_32 6s 4-in-1 ESC);
- 4 pieces of XILO Stealth 2206 1700KV motors (6S) or XILO Stealth 2600KV motors (4S);
- 1 set of Lumenier 5×5.3×3 – Gate Breaker Propellers;
- Caddx Turbo Micro F2 XILO Edition FPV Camera;
- XILO STAX 5.8GHz FPV Video Transmitter (25-600mW VTX power);
- XILO AXII SMA 5.8GHz Antenna (RHCP) + XILO Phreakstyle Antenna Mount – SMA/RX;
- Custom XILO Bardwell edition case with carrying handle.
Need to be complete (not included in the Kit);
In order to take in the air, you will need besides the included parts, a compatible radio system (radio receiver and transmitter), flight battery (4s or 6s), and a battery charger. For first-person view flights, you will also need FPV goggles.