Like most drones under 200 which claims to be UHD ready, the XMR/C M8 also features only Full HD (1080P) video resolution. They use the “4K” phrase as marketing trick.
Its folding backpack friendly design allows easy transportation. When it is folded up, the aircraft measures only 16 X 12.3 X 6.6 cm. During night flights, you will be assisted by four lead lights – one under each brushless motor (blue in front, green on rear).
Thanks to the GPS assisted fail-safe RTH feature, the XMR/C M8 drone will autonomously return to the take-off point if the flight battery is near empty or communication is lost with the remote controller. Auto return-to-home can be manually engaged as well.
According to the advertised specs, the high capacity 7.6V/3000mA LiPo allows up to 30 minutes airborne time – which is one of the best in its price range. The battery pack comes with charging level indicator LEDs.
XMR/C M8 core features
- Foldable design (155mm wheelbase);
- GPS positioning system;
- Optical flow positioning;
- 1806 type 1600KV brushless motors;
- 12A rated electronic speed controllers (ESC);
- Up 72KM/h max flight speed;
- On-board 4K camera (1920*1080 video and 2592*1520 photo resolution);
- Self-stablizing Electronic Anti-shake lens (EIS);
- Remote camera angle adjustement (90 degree);
- 5G WiFi real-time image transmission (500~700 meters FPV range);
- Fail-safe return to home (Signal loss & Low battery voltage);
- Smart flight modes (Surrounding, Trajectory and Follow me);
- Up to 1KM control distance;
- About 25~30 minutes of flight time;
- 420 grams take-off weight.
XMR/C M8 quadcopter is packed with a nice dual-antenna remote controller. On front panel besides the usual control sticks there are 4 extra buttons (speed, Take-off/Landing, Headless mode and RTH) and a telemetry status display (Satellite number, GPS status, Flight speed&altitude, flight distance and TX/RX battery).