Looking at the pictures with the HISKY HMX280 racing Quad we may think that we are dealing with a waterproof aircraft, but attention, this quadcopter is NOT waterproof at all!
The designers from HiSKY have done a good job when they engineered this model. The overall look of this racer is definitely different from the one other multi-rotors have and inspires “SPEED”. Unfortunately, the airframe is made from plastic, not from fiber carbon which is more lightweight and resistant. In front of the canopy, there are two bright LED lights that probably look awesome during night flights. Two red LED lights in the rear of the aircraft and another 4 LED lights (one on each end of the arms) will help to establish the position of the quad-copter.
Regarding the specs, this quadcopter has around 400 meters control range, which is not bad at all. If you need more range, this can be increased by adding a 2.4GHz range extender (booster) through the antenna’s SMA connector.
The HMX 280 Talon can be equipped with a brushless gimbal and camera, but be aware that the ground clearance is around only 4 cm and you should use only low profil gimbals.
There are four ports (connectors) at the bottom of the airframe:
- Micro USB port for firmware upgrade, configuration, and fine-tune;
- DSMX satellite receiver port;
- 11.1v power out (JST socket);
- Gimbal port.
The HiSKY HMX 280 is available in three packages, from the cheapest PNF/PNP (Plug-N-Play) to the complete RTF (Ready-to-Fly) package that includes everything you might need to make the first flight straight from the box. I know, the RTH package is a bit expensive but it comes with a nice programmable 5 channel transmitter (X-6S).
The maximum horizontal flight speed of this HiSKY model is around 100Km/h, and frankly, I never flew a remote-controlled aircraft with such a high speed. I already started thinking about getting a HISKY HMX280 Quadcopter for myself and make a full review of it, so I should probably warn the birds from my flying zone for insane test flight approaching :D
In conclusion, for those that want to spend around $150 on a brushless racing Quad with a decent flight controller, this model can be the perfect match. GearBest accepts now preorders for this starter racing model in all of the three different package configurations mentioned above.
HISKY HMX280 features and specs
- CC3D flight controller;
- It can be equipped with gimbal and camera;
- It can be upgraded with GPS satellite receiver;
- Ultra fast racing quad-copter;
- 1300kv brushless motors;
- 12 Amp brushless speed controller (ESC);
- Remote controller frequency: 2.4GHz (HiSKY/ DSM2 DSMX);
- Transmitter: X-6S (5 channels);
- Flight range: near 400 meters;
- Flight time : about 7-10 minutes;
- HMX280 diagonal length: 280mm;
- Height of the aircraft: 120mm;
- 6 inch” (152mm) 6030 propellers;
- HMX280 Talon Battery size: 33 x 104 x 14.5mm;
- Battery type: 25C 11.1V 1350mAh;
- Max. ascent and descent speed: 80km/h;
- Max. flight speed: 80~100km/h;
If you are an owner of this racing multi-rotor or you just want to read more about it, you can download the HMX280 user manual from here:
HISKY HMX280 RTF package includes
- HMX 280 frame kit (aircraft body);
- 2pcs of 1818 kv1300 brushless motors (CW);
- 2pcs of 1818 kv1300 brushless motors (CCW);
- 4pcs of 12A ESC (brushless speed controller);
- CC3D flight controller;
- Receiver board (Rx);
- X-6S Transmitter (remote controller);
- 25C 11.1V 1350mAh Battery;
- 3S balance battery charger;
- 2pcs of CW propellers (black and orange);
- 2pcs of CCW propellers (black and orange);
- HISKY HMX280 user manual.