Only few days ago I introduced the SJRC Z5 brushed GPS quad and now I’m back to write you about the SJ R/C F11, a GPS enabled brushless drone. Adopting similar design, these two can be easily confused. Even their remote controllers are about the same.
Brush-less motors, compared to brushed ones, offer not just better flight performance, but they are also more reliable. This is why all professional grade multi-rotors are using this type of motors.
Frankly, the lack of an optical image stabilization makes me a bit skeptical regarding the image quality. From the many quadcopter reviews I made, I didn’t obtained any smooth aerial footage without a gimbal. Anyway, at least the SJ RC F11 Pro has remote camera angle adjustment.
SJ R/C F11 drone features & specs
- Compact size with foldable arms;
- 1806 type brushless motor;
- Dual satellite positioning system (GPS & GLONASS);
- On-board full HD camera (1920×1080) w/ 120° wide angle lens;
- Remote camera angle adjustment;
- 5G WiFi real-time image transmission (FPV);
- Precise one key return to home (RTH);
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow me, Orbit and Gesture photo/video);
- About 600 meters control distance (free interference and no occlusion);
- Up to 25 minutes flying time.
According to the advertised specs, the 3s/2500mAh LiPo battery allows an impressive of up to 25 minutes flight autonomy.
SJRC F11 drone versions
The F11 will be released in 3 versions, the main difference between them will be the FPV range and camera type:
- F11 Basic 1080P-500m: 1920 x 1080 video recording and 500meters FPV transmission distance;
- F11 Pro-500M: 2592 x 1520 video recording and 500meters FPV transmission distance;
- F11 Pro-800M: 2592 x 1520 video recording and 800meters FPV transmission distance.
SJ RC F11: Remote controller
The included transmitter comes with dual-antenna system and foldable phone holder. It features built-in 300 mAh LiPo battery and up to 600 meters control range.
On front panel, besides the usual control sticks, there are only 4 buttons and few status LEDs (behind the phone holder). Auto return button can be found near the throttle stick (mode 2). Take-off/Landing button is positioned in the up-right corner of the remote controller.
SJRC F11 Price & Availability
While you can already place your order for the SJ R/C F11 quadcopter, first batch will be shipped out by TomTop only starting with October 20th. Pre-order price is US$159.99 and includes duty free shipping.
Included accessories with the SJRC F11 quadcopter
- Remote Controller w/ foldable phone holder;
- 3s/2500mAh flight battery;
- Battery charger;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- User Manual.
Last update on 11/29/2018
The new SJRC F11 Pro comes with stabilized 4K camera. The 2-axis gimbal will provide much stable footage, hopefully :)
Why can’t I find any good videos on how this drone can fly in windy conditions? I live at the beach and the winds are always at least 8 mph to 12 on a average day.
Thanks bro but my camera freezes together with distance/height after drone reaches between 400m-471m and even though drone’s still accelerating, I’m unable to tell which distance covered. Any help please?
Range is widely depending on receptor (mobile), radio interface, trees, building, etc. IMHO, If you reach 400 meters from such toy drone is good. For example my P3A is up y 3KM rated, and it start to freeze after 500-600 meters.
Thanks Robert but is there a way we can independently continue tracking the distance and height as we accelerate further even after the image freezes at the FPV mode?
When will the Sjrc F11 Pro be released and will it have Optical Flow. I am looking forward to it.
60 Dollar more for the brushless motors is much. I agree, for that they could, and should have included EIS.