CineWHOOPs are cool and fun, but expensive too. If you already own a RunCam Hybrid style 4K camera, using the Donut 3″ DIY drone kit you can build your on Whoop for less than $100. The package includes the 140mm size carbon fiber frame with super large ducted blade protectors, MAMBA F405 Mini flight controller with MK2 25A ESC and 1 set of spare propellers.
In order to take it in the air, besides the kit, you will need a radio receiver, transmitter and a compatible LIPO battery. Of course, for FPV flights, in addition to the FPV camera, you will also need a video transmitter (5.8G VTX) and FPV goggles.
Donut 3″ DIY CineWhoop highlights
- H-type carbon fiber frame (140mm wheelbase);
- Super large Whoop style blade protectors;
- Versatile Mamba F405 Mini flight controller;
- Mamba F25HV 4-in-1 ESC;
- GEPRC SPEEDX GR1408 3500KV motors;
- HQ Prop Duct 3″ Propeller;
- Needs to be assembled.
Closer look on Donut CineWhoop main parts
- Wheelbase: 140mm;
- Structure: H-type Division;
- Bottom/Upper plate: 2mm;
- Side plate: 1.5mm;
- Arm plate: 3mm;
- Internal height: about 28mm;
- TPU 3D Printed parts: motor blade surrounded by *2, universal dog seat *1, antenna base *1;
- Weight: 75.5 grams.
MAMBA F405 Mini MK2 Betaflight flight controller specs
- BetaFlight firmware;
- Power Input: 3~4S LIPO (11.1V~14.8V);
- BEC: 5V 1A;
- MCU: STM32F405;
- Gyro: MPU6000;
- FLASH: 16M;
- OSD: AT7456;
- Mounting holes: 20mm/M2 ;
- Weight: 3.5 grams.
Mamba F25 ESC specs
- Input: 3~4S LIPO (11.1V~14.8V);
- Continue current: 20A×4;
- Burst current: 25A (5S);
- CURR: 135A;
- BEC: NO;
- Size: 30×30×5mm;
- Mounting: 20mm/M2;
- Weight: 8 grams.
GEPRC SPEEDX GR1408 3500KV Motors
- KV: 3500kv;
- Configu-ration: 9N12P;
- Stator Diameter: 14mm;
- Shaft Diameter: 2mm;
- Motor Dimension: 18.2×31.5mm;
- Weight: 15.2g (Not including wire);
- No.of Cells: 2-4S;
- Max Continous Power(W)180S: 222.3;
- Internal Resistance: 98mΩ;
- Max Current(180S): 22.3A;
- Max Effciency Current: (3.3-14.57A)> 81%.