Honestly, about the “Drocon” brand I heard for the first time one week ago. Besides the Bugs 6, they have couple of other nice drones. The following weeks I want to introduce you the most exciting ones in our news section.
At first look, the DROCON Bugs 6 quadcopter is an intermediate step for those who want to migrate from toy drones to professional racing drones. Bugs 6 is a 250 mm sized brush-less quadcopter with the possibility to welcome a combo FPV camera (VTX + DVR). The C5830 5.8G HD 720P camera can be additionally purchased for $40.
Although it’s fully made from nylon plastic instead of carbon fiber, at least the arm’s structure seems pretty strong and should resist pretty well to smaller crashes. All the electronic parts (GR303B flight controller and 4in1 ESC) are well protected by a nice plastic canopy.
Over night flights you will be guided by two powerful frontal headlights. They are also helpful during LOS flights in strong day light.
Under the belly of the aircraft is located the battery bay. Being quite large (40 x 22 mm), it should not be a problem to find compatible spare batteries.
Drocon Bugs 6 features and specs
- 250 mm sized nylon plastic fuselage;
- Included blade protectors;
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor flights;
- Powerful 1806 1800KV brush-less motors;
- 4-in-1 ESC;
- Bidirectional communication (week signal and low voltage alarm);
- Bright head lights;
- Optional FPV camera with DVR feature and 5.8G 500mW VTX (C5830);
- Up to 12 minutes flight autonomy.
As you can see in the image above, the Drocon Bugs 6’s transmitter looks pretty nice. Which is more important, the range, is also great. According to the specs it offers about 200 ~ 300 meters flight distance. Through the red shoulder button you can arm/disarm the brushless motors.
Included with the DROCON Bugs 6 drone (basic package)
- 2.4 remote controller;
- Flight battery (2s – 7.4v, 1300 mAh);
- Balance battery charger;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- 4 pieces of blade protectors;
- 1 set of landing skids;
- Screwdriver and prop removing tool;
- User manual.