Just as the Tyro99 is sold for $99, the new Eachine Tyro79 is advertised for $79. While the Tyro 99 is based on a 210 mm sized frame kit, the Tyro 79 is built on a 140mm sized one.
The Eachine Tyro79 DIY drone comes in parts and needs to be assembled by yourself. The KIT includes the frame, flight controller, ESC, motors, and FPV system. In order to get it in the air you will additionally need a radio receiver, remote controller, charger and flight battery. Eachine suggests to power up this drone by a 2s or 3s LiPo battery with capacity of 450~650 mAh. Using a 3S LiPo will provide not just extra fun time, but usually also better flight performance (speed & agility).
At the end of each 3mm carbon fiber arm there is a 1607-2800KV brushless motor with a 3″ propeller. The motors are driven by a 4-in-1 20A ESC.
The 700TVL camera is paired with a 5.8G/40CH VTX. Featuring TBS SmartAudio you can remotely adjust transmission frequency (channel & band) as well as TX power.
Eachine Tyro79 features & specs
- 140 mm carbon fiber frame with CNC 6065 aluminium reinforcements;
- Versatile F4 flight controller w\ integrated BetaFlight OSD;
- Powerful 2800KV Brushless Motors;
- 4-IN-1 20A BLHeli_S ESC;
- 700TVL camera with 2.1mm lens;
- 5.8G 40CH VTX with switchable broadcast power (0mW/25mW/100mW/200mW);
- TBS SmartAudio (VTX telemetry);
- 2s-3s LiPo compatibility (450-650 mAh suggested).
Price & Availability
The Eachine Tyro79 DIY Kit is on sale now at US$79.00. Unfortunately, its status is still “In stock alert”. Banggood says that expected order processing time is around January 14, 2019.
Eachine Tyro 79 DIY Kit content
- 140mm carbon fiber frame kit (3mm arms);
- 1 set of 1607-2800KV motors (2x CW & 2x CCW);
- 4 IN 1 20A BLHeli_S ESC;
- Customized F4 flight controller;
- 700TVL CMOS FPV camera;
- 5.8G/40CH video transmitter;
- 5 sets of 3030 4-blade propellers (10 x CW and 10 x CCW);
- User manual.