As we have already been accustomed with Eachine’s Tyro series, this new model is advertised for exactly what its product name says. While the Tyro79 is sold for $79, the Tyro99 for $99 and you can buy the Eachine Tyro109 for $109.
The Eachine Tyro109 is the direct successor of the Tyro99, which was been for long time one of the best DIY racing drones KIT under $100. Compared to its predecessor, the Tyro109 comes with few important upgrades. The 2150KV motors are replaced with faster 2400KV ones. Instead of 5038 3-blade propellers are used 5040 4-leaf blades. While the Tyro99 had an entry-level Eachine 700TVL camera, the Tyro109 comes with a higher resolution Caddx Turbo Eos2 camera. Both versions can be powered by 3 to 5s LIPO batteries.
Eachine Tyro109 drone features & specs
- DIY KIT (it needs to be assembled);
- 210mm sized 3K carbon fiber frame with 6065 aluminium canopy;
- Customized F4 flight controller (BetaFlight & iNav racing firmware compatible);
- Powerful 2206 2400KV brushless motors;
- 4 in 1 30A ESC (BLHeli_S supports Dshot600);
- Caddx Turbo Eos2 1200TVL FPV camera w/ 160° FOV;
- 5.8G/40CH VTX with switchable broadcast power (up to 600mw);
- 3s-5s LiPo compatibility.
The 3K carbon fiber air-frame is very sturdy and consists in 5mm arms and 2mm bottom plate. As shown in the image bellow, during crashes, the Caddx Turbo Eos2 camera is well protected by two aluminium frame reinforcements.
Eachine Tyro 109 DIY Kit content:
- 210mm frame kit (5mm arms and 2mm bottom and side plates);
- 1 set of 2206 2400KV brushless motors (2x CW and 2x CCW);
- 4 IN 1 30A BLHeli_S ESC board;
- F4 flight controller;
- Caddx Turbo Eos2 1200TVL camera;
- XF5804 video transmitter module;
- 1 pair of battery straps;
- 2 sets pf 5040 four-blade propellers.
Needed to Complete
Being sold as PNP KIT, you will need, besides battery and transmitter, a compatible radio receiver. For FPV flights you will also need a FPV monitor/goggles.