After the Cheerson CX-OF, here is another toy drone with optical flow sensor called: Flying3D FY919. Optical sensor combined with air-pressure sensor allows perfectly stable hovering.
At first look, the design of the Flying3D FY919 Reaper reminds me about a hover drone from the Avatar movie. It features similar caged propellers, which makes it suitable for safe indoor flights.
In order to allow sporty flight performance, instead of a 1 cell battery it is powered with a 2 cell one. More cells means higher voltage which means faster motors. According to the manufacturer’s specs the 350mAh Li-Po allows about 5 minutes of flight autonomy.
During night flight you will be guided by 4 LED lights, blue ones on front and red ones on back.
Flying3D FY919 drone technical specs
- Cool design with caged propellers;
- Optical positioning sensor;
- Barometric air-pressure sensor;
- Somatosensory control mode;
- Headless flight;
- One key to Take-off / Land;
- HD camera with WiFi real-time image transmission;
- About 5 minutes flying time.
Like, the Eachine E51‘s transmitter, the FY919’s RC is also extensible – allowing to mount horizontally your phone.
Included with the Flying3D FY919 Reaper
- 2.4G remote controller
- 2s, 7.4V 350mA Li-Po battery;
- USB Charger;
- 1 set of 3-blade propellers;
- User guide.