Foxeer, RunCam, and Caddx’s biggest rival just announced a new split type 4K camera designed for small racing FPV drones. The Foxeer 4K features a high-performance Ambarella A12 imaging processor and Sony IMX117 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor. If I remember correctly, similar hardware had the older Legend 3 camera, but in a different form-factor.
The camera can be configured in multiple ways. It features WIFI connection for mobile APP operation, PWM control and it comes with a two buttons control board.
To be honest they should have come up with this camera at least two years earlier. The Foxeer 4K is not just outdated for 2020 but also damn expensive. These days, for almost half of its price, you can purchase a CADDX VISTA HD FPV system with DJI FPV compatible HD digital video transmission.
Foxeer 4K camera highlights
- Split design for easy installation;
- Ambarella A12 imaging processor and Sony IMX117 1/2.3″ 12MP CMOS sensor;
- True 4K recording (with up to 30 FPS);
- Slow-motion mode (1080p@120fps);
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS);
- PWM Remote Control;
- WiFi remote control via mobile APP.