Surely, FrSky radios have not become so popular because they are affordable. The new Taranis X, even if it is called “Lite”, is advertised for more than 200 bucks. I have to admit that, after I reviewed the Taranis Q X7, due to its excellent build quality and compatibility with lots of my FPV drones, I became their fan too :)
This new FrSky Taranis X-LITE seems to be specially designed for drone racing pilots. Apparently it has only two shoulder switches. While the left one can be assigned to arm/disarm the motors, the right one helps toggle between different flight modes. IMHO it would be nice to have a third momentary switch that could be used for beeper or turtle mode.
Unlike other FrSky transmitters, the Tarans X-Lite has a perfect travelling form factor. Paired with a small sized (110~180 mm) FPV quadcopter can be taken with you easily anywhere.
What we know (yet) about the FrSky Taranis X-LITE transmitter
As I previously mentioned, it will be available around $200 dollars. You will have the option to chose between two colors, Ferrari red and black. Will be compatible with most of the FrSky radio receivers. While there is no sure release date, I expect it will be available for orders around end of April.
FrSky ACCST Taranis X features and specs
- Cool gamepad style design;
- By default with OpenTX firmware;
- Built-in iXJT module;
- 128×64 LCD status and configuration screen;
- Digital high accuracy Hall Sensor Gimbals;
- Convenient 4-way cross key and buttons;
- Powered by 2 pieces of 18650 Li-ion batteries;
- Mini USB connection for drone simulators;
- Smart port for firmware upgrades;
- Micro SD card slot for logs, extended configurations and probably voice prompt;
- 3.5mm headphone jack;
- Internal and external antennas.
Why and here to buy?
If you are a hardcore gamer who loves to fly with drones too, this new Taranis X-LITE will definitely be for your taste. You will like the compact gaming controller style housing. Became curious to test one? it will be available soon here.