While we all are focused to catch a good Black Friday drone deal, new models are coming up everyday. Today I will reveal the first rumors about the Geprc GEP-CX Cygnet 145mm, a 3″ FPV racing drone. Like most of the FPV racing quads, it will be available in PNP (no radio) and BNF (with FrSky radio) packages.
As you can see in the image bellow, the battery is installed on the top plate, instead of the bottom one. So, there is no room for a second GoPro or alike action camera. According to the advertised specs, the Geprc GEP-CX Cygnet quadcopter has about 6 minutes flight time with 3S/850mAh battery and about 4 minutes with 4S/650mAh LiPO.
The RunCam Split Mini 2 camera is accompanied by a 48CH/5.8G video transmitter. The VTX provides 3 transmission power levels (25, 100 and 200mW).
Geprc GEP-CX Cygnet 145mm features & specs
- 145mm sized carbon fiber frame (3mm top plate & bottom plate);
- CNC 7075 aluminium reinforcements;
- Stable Mini Fly Tower F4-20 flight controller;
- RunCam Split Mini 2 camera;
- GEP-VTX58200 48CH Mini FPV Transmitter(OFF/25/100/200mW);
- GEPRC GR 1206 4500KV brushless motors;
- 20A BLHeli_S/Dshot150/300/600 ESC;
- Emax AVAN Mini 3024 3″ propellers;
- 3D printed TPU materiel status LEDs;
- Buzzer alarm;
- 3s and 4s LIPO compatibility;
- Optional FrSky R9 MM or FrSky XM+ radio receiver.
What’s new on the Geprc Cygnet3 Pro?
A new upgraded model was recently announced. The Geprc Cygnet3 Pro comes with similar design like its predecessor, but with better hardware. Instead of GEPRC GR 1206 4500KV motors it adopts SPEEDX GR1507 3600KV Motors.
Last update on 2/26/2019