A few months ago, HGLRC contacted me regarding the possibility tor review their upcoming Rekon 6 HD long-range drone. At that time I didn’t own a compatible DJI FPV Goggles V2 so I turned down their offer respectfully. In addition to Caddx Nebula Nano camera, it can be equipped with a GoPro, SMO 4K, or Insta360 GO 2 camera.
The HGLRC Rekon 6 HD is built on a 242mm size ultra-light carbon fiber frame. For better crash resistance it comes with two side bracers. Its Aelous 2105.5 1500KV motors are matched with 2-leaf 6-inch propellers. It can be powered with 4S as well as with 6S lipo batteries. According to the advertised specs with a 4S/4000mAh Li-ION pack you can have up to 25 minutes of battery life.
Natively it is compatible with DJJ FPV transmitters. If you want to use a different controller you can opt for FrSky R9MM, Xm, or TBS Crossfire Nano RX radio receiver.
Designed for long-range flights it comes with an onboard M80GPS module and self-powered buzzer.
Update: There will be also an analog version of the Rekon 6 with Caddx Ratel 2 FPV Camera and Zeus 800mW VTX.
HGLRC Rekon 6 HD LR features and specs
- 242mm size ultra-light death-cat style carbon fiber frame;
- Side braces for improved vibration dampening and crash resistance;
- Zeus F722 Mini Flight Controller;
- M80 GPS module for fail-safe RTH;
- Zeus 28A BL_S 4in1 ESC
- Aelous 2105.5 1500KV motors with GEMFAN 6026 6″ 2-Blades Propellers;
- Soter self-powered FPV drone buzzer;
- CADDX Vista Nebula Nano digital FPV system;
- Can carry a GoPro, BetaFPV SMO 4K or Insta360 GO 2 camera;
- 6S for increased power or 4S for ultra-high efficiency cruising;
- Up to 25min of flight time with 4s 4000mAh 18650 Li-Ion pack.