Table of Contents
The HS510 will be the Holy Stone drone featured on FirstQuadcopter. This compact size foldable drone comes with a 4K camera, GPS positioning, and many smart functions that make it easy to fly.
According to the technical specs, the Holy Stone HS510 drone is powered by a 2S/1500mAh battery and it has up to 16 minutes of flight time. While the control range is about 800 meters, the FPV range is only 300 meters.
The drone weighs less than 0.55 lbs, this number is significant if you live in the US or Canada as it means you will not need to register the aircraft if you just want to fly for fun.
There is an optical flow sensor on the belly of the fuselage that helps the drone to fly more smoothly in areas with a weak GPS signal.
Thanks to the fail-safe RTH feature, in case of signal loss or low flight battery voltage, the aircraft will return autonomously to the take-off point.
Holy Stone HS510 drone features and specs
- Travel-friendly folding design (only 9.44×9.25×2.16″);
- UHD camera (4K@16fps or 2.7K@25fps);
- 5GHz WiFi real-time video transmission;
- Powerful brushless motors;
- Dual-Satelite positioning (GPS+GLONASS);
- Optical flow positioning (OFP);
- Fail-safe RTH (RC signal loss or Low battery);
- About 16 minutes of battery life;
- Around 600-800 meters control range.
Included accessories with the HS510 quadcopter
- 2.4G Transmitter (2*1.5V AA Battery Not Included);
- 2 x Li-Ion modular flight battery (2S/1500mAh);
- Charger Hub (2 batteries);
- Type-C charging cable;
- One set of spare propellers;
- Instructions manual;
- Carrying case.
HS510 Sample footage
Although the camera can record videos in 4k you should not expect pro-grade aerial footage. As you can see in the sample video below, without a mechanical gimbal the results are very shaky. Also, the max frame rate at the highest resolution is only 16fps.