Table of Contents
IdeaFly Hero-550 standard and Hero-550 deluxe
The IdeaFly multi-rotor manufacturer recently announced a new big sized quadcopter, the Hero-550.
Compared to the IdeaFly Apollo with white color finish, this new model has an outstanding full black finish with red colored front arms for better orientation.
Looking on its takeoff weight, features like telemetry and retractable landing gears, we know that we are dealing with a professional quadcopter.
Hero-550 is available in two versions, standard and deluxe. The Idea Fly Hero-550 deluxe quadcopter comes with a complete 5.8Ghz FPV system and 3D gimbal.
Both models can be equipped with GoPro and alike action cameras and also with small DSLR cameras. The 350 sized quadcopters are for hobbyists. If you want to make some professional aerial videos you have to look for 550 sized multi-rotors like this Hero-550.
IdeaFly Hero-550 promo video
IdeaFly Hero-550 features and specs
- Big sized quadcopter with 550mm motor to motor size;
- 10 Chanel transmitter with real-time telemetry;
- Failsafe auto return to home and land;
- GPS auto-pilot mode with position holding, altitude lock and hovering;
- Retractable landing skids for extremely wide range of view (you can take videos on any direction without any disturbing obstacle);
- Preinstalled 2D gimbal on the Hero-550 standard and 3D gimbal on the Hero-550 deluxe;
- Light weight and strong carbon fiber props;
- Ultra high capacity 4s 10Ah Li-Po Battery;
- Up to 25 minutes of continuous flight;
- Incredible up to 2Km flight range.
Image credits to IdeaFly