Like many cheap Chinese drones, the JDRC JD-20 also copies the design of a DJI product. Same as the VISUO XS809HW, renting the design of the popular Mavic Pro, the JDRC JD20 wants to imitate the smaller Spark.
Don’t be fooled, even if the camera seems to be like the Spark one, it doesn’t have a 2-axis gimbal and it offers only 720P video recording!
In addition to the attractive look, the JD-20 Elves drone comes with all the latest toy drone features. Thanks to the barometric air-pressure sensor, the aircraft is capable to maintain autonomously its flight altitude.
According to the specs, the 800 mAh battery allows about 8 ~ 10 minutes of playtime.
JDRC JD-20 drone core features and technical specs
- Compact design with foldable arms;
- One key return to home;
- Stable altitude hold;
- Emergency stop button;
- Headless flight mode;
- 3 flight speed rates;
- 720P camera for aerial filming;
- WiFi real-time image transmission;
As you can see in the image above, even the JDRC JD20’s transmitter follows the DJI’s design. It comes with an almost identical phone holder and foldable antennas (BTW, probably fake ones).
Where to buy it?
If you liked the design of this mini drone, it can be ordered from here. Price includes flight battery, remote controller, and spare propellers. There are also options to order it in a bundle with 2 or 3 spare batteries. Note: you can opt for 0.3Mp or 2Mp camera versions.
Included with the JDRC JD20 Elves quadcopter
- Remote controller with integrated phone holder;
- 1s, 800 mAh flight Li-Po battery;
- USB battery charger;
- 1 set of blade protectors;
- 2 pairs of spare propellers;
- User manual.
JDRC JD-20 Spare Parts
As crashes are inevitable, after a couple of flights you will surely need some spare parts in order to repair your JD-20 drone. Banggood offers a wide range of spare parts for this model:
- Spare remote controller – $9.99;
- 2 pairs of spare propellers (2CW & 2CCW) – $2.99;
- 1 set of blade protectors – $2.99;
- Motor Gear Shaft Led Light Set – $4.66;
- Spare motor – $3.66;
- Flight controller & receiver board – $8.99;
- Full body, cover, canopy – $6.99.
last updated on 7/10/2018