On paper, the JJRC X16 looks like the ultimate Mavic Mini alternative under $100. It claims to have a 6K camera, GPS positioning, reliable brushless motors, and lots of intelligent flight modes. Furthermore, its 2s/1450mAh battery allows up to 25 minutes of flight time. By comparison, the DJI’s smallest foldable drone has 2s/2400 mAh battery and 30 min playtime.
Its 6K camera is capable to take 4800 * 2700 photos and 1920 * 1080 videos, yes the camera is actually only a Full HD camera. Also, it lacks in mechanical stabilization which could result in very shaky footage.
With folded arms, the JJRC X16 measures about 16 x 10.5 x 6.2cm and weighs less than 200 grams. FYI, FAA requires registration for all drones over 250 grams.
Price and availability
Currently, the X16 JJRC drone is available for pre-orders at Bangggood with one battery and storage bag for $95.99. In case you need longer playtime you can also opt for 3 batteries for an extra 20 bucks. There is also an option to choose between black or white color.
JJRC X16 drone features and specs
- Compact size (only 16 x 10.5 x 6.2cm with folded arms);
- Ultra-lightweight, just 197 grams (no FAA registration required);
- GPS positioning system + -Optical flow positioning;
- Powerful, long-life brushless motors;
- On-board 6K camera (4800*2700 photo and 1920*1080 video);
- 5G WiFi real-time video transmission;
- Master and Beginner flight modes;
- Around 500 meters control range;
- Up to 25min of battery life.
Included accessories with JJRC X16 quadcopter
- Remote controller with phone holder;
- 2 pairs of spare propellers;
- Pack of spare screws;
- 7.6V/1450mAh flight battery (1, 2 or 3);
- USB charging cable;
- Optional carrying case;
- User manual.