Priced for only $199 the new Kai One drone seems to be an affordable Mavic Air 2 alternative. It has a similar backpack friendly folding design, 8K camera with 3-axis mechanical stabilization and excellent battery life. Of course, priced 4 times less than DJI’s drone you can expect the same set of features.
In order to allow stable hovering in any environment (outdoor and indoor), the GPS (satellite) positioning is paired with optical flow positioning (OFP). The powerful brushless motors provide Level 8 wind resistance. With folded arms, the Kai one measures 8.5x15x6.5cm.
Thanks to the fail-safe return to home (RTH) function, in case of remote controller signal loss or low flight battery voltage, the KaiOne Pro drone will return autonomously to the take-off point.
Being powered by a 7.4V 2200mAh battery it can stay in the air for about 25 minutes. The modular battery pack can be conveniently recharged using the included micro USB cable.
Price and availability
Starting with March 23, the Kai 1Pro can be ordered from Banggood with a starting price of $199.99. This price includes a set of spare propellers and a storage bag. For the fly more combo pack with 3 flight batteries, you will need to pay $245.
Kai 1 Pro drone features and specs
- Mavic Air 2 like folding design;
- GPS and Optical flow positioning systems;
- Powerful brushless motors that provide Level 8 wind resistance.
- 8K EIS camera with 3-axis mechanical stabilization;
- Precise one key return to home (RTH);
- Fail-safe RTH (Low battery and out of RC signal);
- Smart flight modes (Custom Waypoint, Intelligent following, and Gesture control);
- Up to 1KM of flight range;
- About 25 minutes of battery life.
Included accessories with the Kai One drone
- Remote control w/ folding phone holder;
- 2s 2200mAh flight battery (1,2 or 3);
- USB charging cable;
- Set of spare propellers;
- Storage bag;
- Drone guide.