For sure, many wish for their first drone to be something versatile like the Mavic Air 2, but with just 200 bucks in your pocket, you will need to make some compromises. For a drone under $200, the KaiFeng KF107 features foldable design, a dual positioning system (GPS + Optical flow), 4K camera with electronic image stabilization (EIS), and excellent battery life. According to the advertised specs, the 7.4/3000mAh LIPO pack allows up to 25 minutes of airborne time.
With folded arms, the KF107 drone measures 110 x 177 x 78 mm and weighs a bit less than 500 grams. In addition to the frontal LED lights, there is a secondary navigation belly light for night flights.
Thanks to the Auto-RTH failsafe future, the KaiFeng 107 will return autonomously to the take-off point, in case of low battery voltage or out of the controller’s range. While the control range is marketed to be 1.5Km, the FPV range (live-view) only 1200 meters. Note: You’ll need a 5G 802.11ac wifi capable mobile device with HFun APP installed, to make the FPV work with this quadcopter.
KF107 quadcopter features and specs
- Backpack friendly Mavic like foldable design;
- GPS / Optical Flow positioning;
- 4K camera with remote angle adjustment and electronic image stabilization (EIS);
- 4096×3072 photo and 2048×1088@25fps video resolutions;
- Secondary belly camera for ground view;
- 5Ghz WIFI real-time image transmission;
- Intelligent flight modes (Waypoint, Orbit and Follow me );
- Fail-safe RTH on low battery or RC signal loss;
- Up to 1500 meters control and 1200 meters FPV range;
- About 25 minutes of battery life.