MJX, one of the most active drone brand of 2018, just announced an upgraded version of their most popular drone, called MJX Bugs 3 Pro. In addition to the completely new design, the “Pro” edition brings extend flight time and longer control range.
The GPS feature of the MJX Bugs 3 Pro will make the quadcopter a lot more stable than its predecessor. The GPS system enables not just precise fail-safe RTF, but also allows intelligent flight modes like Follow me, Point of interest (circle hovering) and Track flight (point of interests). In addition to all this, B3Pro also has barometric altitude hold, which ensures stable indoor hovering.
According to the advertised specs, the 7.4V 2800mAh battery allows up to 22 minutes flying time. This is probably the best flight autonomy that you can get from a drone under $200. Of course, this time will be dramatically reduced when a camera is mounded on the drone.
MJX Bugs 3 Pro features & specs
- Suitable for GoPro, Xiaomi and alike action cameras;
- GPS positioning system;
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow me, Point of interest and Track flight);
- Fail-safe auto return to home (low battery voltage & out of RC range);
- Barometer altitude-hold;
- Precise one key return to home (RTH);
- Powerful 1800KV brushless motors;
- Independent 8A rated ESC;
- 2-way 2.4G radio communication;
- About 20~22 minutes flying time;
- Up to 800 meters control range;
- 310 wheelbase.
The manufacturer claims that the Bugs 3 Pro has enough power to lift a GoPro or similar camera. Thanks to the included camera mount you can easily attach the camera under the belly of the drone. Frankly, you can have the world’s best camera, but without a mechanical gimbal, your aerial videos will be still very shaky and not too enjoyable.
What kind of accessories come with MJX Bugs 3 Pro?
- Remote controller;
- 7.4V 2800mAh flight battery;
- Balance battery charger;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- Blade removing tool;
- 4 pieces of landing gears;
- GoPro camera mount;
- UV sticker;
- Instruction guide.;
- Optional action camera (C4000, C5000 or C6000).
Like the MJX Bugs 5W, the Bugs 3 Pro also comes with the GR6221A transmitter. The nice black remote has dedicated buttons for auto return to home, take-off and landing. In addition to the status LED lights, the RC has a built-in buzzer which will alarm you in case it loses connection with the drone or your flight battery’s voltage goes down to critical levels. According to the specs, the dual antenna system offers up to 800 meters control range (in open-field with low RF noise).