A few days ago, at CES, was announced a new DJI model, the new Phantom 3 4k. Everyone, including myself, expected that they will come out with something totally new. We all wanted to see a new DJI Phantom 4 with obstacle avoidance, smartwatch control, and other high-end features.
The latest DJI model from the Phantom 3 series comes with a 4K camera but, just like the PH3 Standard, uses WIFI for real-time image transmission. The range of WIFI FPV is about 1.5Km compared to the 5Km which is offered by the DJI Lightbridge HD digital video downlink.
To be honest, I’m thinking for a while to purchase a DJI quadcopter. This price cut will definitely increase their sales. For only $499, there is probably no other quadcopter with a 2.7 k camera and features that Phantom 3 Standard has.
As usual, the price cut started in the US on some bigger online stores and as I’m from Europe I probably have to wait a while for these amazing new prices.
The new Phantom3 4 k and Phantom3 Advanced 2.7 k looks that will have the same price ($799). It will be a difficult decision for me which one to order. Should I opt for the 4 K camera or for the more professional transmission system?
Phantom 3 price. Beast deal on DJI Phantom 3
- Phantom 3 Standard with 2.7K – $499 (38% savings);
- Phantom 3 4K with UHD camera – $799 (20% savings);
- Phantom 3 Advanced with 2.7K camera and lightbridge $799 (20% savings);
- Phantom 3 Professional with 4K camera and lightbridge. $1199.
It seems that DJI decided (at least for now) not to change the price of the Phantom 3 Professional, which is their flagship model.
“To celebrate our 10 year anniversary and to share our excitement with you, we are offering a phenomenal sale on the DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Advanced and 4K. This sale is only the beginning! Stay tuned for more exciting activities and events from DJI this year.” – source DJI homepage.
Updates on 14th March 2016
Best prices for the Phantom 3 series in Europe
- Phantom 3 Standard with 3-axis gimbal and 2.7K camera – EUR €599 (%35 savings);
- Phantom 3 with UHD 4K camera – EUR €899 (22% savings);
- Phantom 3 Advanced with 2.7K camera and HD 720FPV – EUR €899 (18% savings);
- Phantom 3 Professional with extra battery pack – EUR €1469 (€79 savings).
Updates on 16th March 2016
- Phantom 3 Professional with 3-axis gimbal, 4K camera, and Lightbridge – $999 (%21 savings);
- Phantom 3 Professional with 4K camera and extra battery – $1079 ($329 savings);
DJI announced another price drop on all their models, called “Spring Sale”.
Dude, do you have any idea about the price of the new DJI Phantom 4 quadcopter?
I think this is more than an anniversary promotion. They have been scared by the new quadcopters announced for 2016
thanks, PH3S for $499, best news ever!
HI Cristi, I’m a newbie and I have a question regarding the PH3A.
It worth the extra 300 euro for Lightbridge and better remote controller? Or I should opt for the PH3 Standard?
The price drop is only temporary! DJI celebrating 10 year anniversary.