STP Hobby’s new 5inch Armor FPV drone comes with two FPV options. While the Analog edition comes with a high-power 5.8Ghz TANK MINI VTX and Caddx Ratel2 camera, the HD digital version with Caddx Vista and DJI FPV camera.
The 215mm size carbon fiber frame has 2mm top and bottom frames, respectively 3mm removable arms. In addition to the onboard FPV, you can install GoPro Hero 10 or a similar action camera.
In terms of hardware, the STP Hobby Armor comes with a BLADE F722 flight controller and a BLADE 50A ESC board. Its 2207-1960KV motors are equipped with 3leaf 5″ propellers. The drone has an XT60 plug and it can be powered with 6S LIPO batteries.
STP Hobby Armor 5″ features and specs
- 215mm size carbon fiber frame with 3mm replaceable arms (2mm top/bottom plate);
- Compatible with a variety of action cameras;
- FPV system:
- Analog: 5.8Ghz TANK MINI VTX + Caddx Ratel2 camera;
- Digital: Caddx Vista + DJI FPV camera;
- Versatile BLADE F722 flight controller;
- Powerful BLADE 50A SPORT 4-in-1 ESC board;
- Reactor training 2207-1960KV brushless motors with HQ Ethix S5 propellers;
- Optional ELRS 2.4G or TBS Crossfire NANO RX radio receiver;
- 6S LIPO compatible (1300mAh recomanded).
OscaLiang already has a great review of this FPV drone. He says that it has GPS module for fail-safe RTH