Syma has revealed its latest drone and one that many hobbyists will prefer on a budget. The SYMA W3 is priced at just $149.99, and it comes with some pretty nice features in a lightweight body. In 2022 drones under 250 grams do not require registration in most countries, making them travel-friendly drones.
SYMA claims the W3 drone will last up to 26 minutes on a single charge thanks to its 2100 mAh battery. It adopts WiFi real-time image transmission (FPV) with a range of up to 400 meters. If the signal is lost, you do not need to worry about the fate of your drone – it will automatically return to the take-off point. You can also return it yourself by pressing one button. In addition, an automatic start is provided. When starting a flight, you can set the quadcopter you like. The Headless Mode feature will independently orient the drone relative to the position of the controller.
Pricing and availability
In case you want to buy this mini drone, we recommend that you purchase through an offer from a certified international retailer such as Banggood. The Syma W2 is available with delivery from China with a starting price of $149.99. For extra 20 bucks, you can get a second flight battery in the box.
- Compact size with folding size (23*11*15.5cm / 246 grams);
- GPS Positioning;
- Altitude hold mode and Headless mode;
- Brushless motors;
- 2.7K pixels camera with Electronic Anti-shake stabilization;
- Wifi Real-time image transmission;
- Intelligent flight modes (Smart follow, Waypoint flight, and Point of Interest Surrounding);
- About 26 minutes of battery life.