Finally, Syma came up with their first GPS quadcopter. In order to allow precise auto return to home (RTH), the Syma X8PRO is equipped with high accuracy GPS positioning system.
Syma’s X8 line became very popular because it was between the first cheap drones able to lift GoPro and alike action cameras.
Like its predecessor (read my X8SW review), the X8Pro’s propulsion system is also based on brushed motors. These motors are very cheap but, unfortunately, not too reliable.
Thanks to the integrated air-pressure sensor, the drone is capable to maintain its flight altitude at the desired level.
Through the Syma-FPV APP, you can display the camera’s real-time image feed on your smartphone. Surely, kids will love this feature.
Syma X8PRO GPS features and specs
- Phantom alike size and design;
- Great lifting power;
- GPS positioning system;
- Altitude hold (auto hover);
- Headless flight mode;
- One key Take-off/Landing;
- Fail-safe auto-return to home (on signal loss);
- Removable 720P camera with WiFi real-time image transmission;
- Around 9 minutes of flight time;
- Up to 70 meters control range.
As you can see in the image above, the X8Pro comes with a nice white transmitter. Switching between flight speed rates can be done by pressing the right stick as a button. Using the included phone holder clip you can attach your smartphone on top of the RC.
Included with the Syma X8 PRO drone
- 2.4G remote controller with phone holder;
- WiFi FPV Camera;
- USB Card Reader;
- 2 set of propellers;
- 1 set of prop caps;
- 2 pieces of landing gear;
- Flight battery (7.4V, 2000mAh);
- Battery charger adapter;
- Screwdriver and prop wrench;
- Instruction guide.