From the first sight, it is obvious that the ToySky CSJ S162 wants to copy the Mavic Mini’s design in every detail. It features similar foldable arms, battery compartment, and landing gears. Furthermore, it claims to have also 249g just like the MINI.
Toy-Sky offers its CSJ S162 drone with two types of cameras. While 1080P version is advertised for $79.99, the 4K for 85.99. Both editions are available with 1, 2, or 3 flight batteries. According to the technical specs, the 7.4V/1200mAh LIPO pack allows up 18 minutes of flight time.
While with folded arms the aircraft measures 16 x 10 x 7.5cm, ready to fly has 37 x 33 x 7.5cm. During night flight you will be guided by 4 LED lights: two in front and two on the back (one under each rear motor).
Toy-Sky CSJ S162 features & specs
- Mavic Mini alike foldable design;
- Only 249 grams (1g bellow FAA regulation);
- GPS positioning;
- Optional 1080p or 4K camera with WiFi real-time image transmission;
- Remote camera angle adjustment (90 degrees);
- Navigation lights;
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow me, Point of interest, Waypoint and gesture control);
- About 600 meters control range;
- Up to 18 minutes of flight time.
CSJ S162 vs Mavic Mini in-depth comparison
In the table below I compared the most important specs of these two palm-size GPS drones. I highlighted with red were the CSJ S162 shines and with green were the DJI Mavic Mini excels.
|CSJ S162||Mavic Mini|
|Folded size (L×W×H)||16 x 10 x 7.5cm||14 × 8.2 × 5.7 cm|
|Satellite positioning||GPS||GPS + GLONASS|
|Indoor Positioning||NA||Vision Positioning (3 sensors)|
|Image sensor||NA||1/2.3” CMOS|
|FPV range||600 meters||4KM-FCC or 2K-CE|
|Flight time||18 minutes||30 minutes|