With a weight of just 210 grams, the VISUO XS818 seems to be an excellent DJI Mavic Mini alternative. Priced for only $116.19 it comes with similar foldable design and a 4K camera instead of just 2.7K one. With folded arms measures only 9.7 x 7 x 15.3, so it can be fit in your backpack easily.
In order to allow stable hovering in any environment (outdoor and indoor), the VISUO ZEN MINI features GPS positioning, barometric altitude-hold and optical flow positioning. Its 4K camera features electronic image stabilization, remote angle adjustment and 5G WiFi real-time image transmission. Unfortunately, the EIS for sure will not provide cinematic smooth videos as DJI’s 3-axis mechanical stabilization.
VISUO XS818 ZEN MINI features and specs
- Compact size with foldable arms;
- Dual satellite positioning system (GPS and GLONASS);
- 4K camera (2048 x 1080 video and 4096 x 3072 photo) with remote angle adjustment;
- Electronic image stabilization (EIS);
- 5G WiFi real-time image transmission;
- Smart flight modes (Circle hovering and Follow me);
- About 200 meters control range;
- Up to 18 minutes flight time.
The VISUO ZEN MINI XS818 is packed with a nice entry level remote controller. Its status screen will show you permanently telemetry flight date like: Number of satellites, Aircraft power, Flight speed and Altitude.
On front panel, besides the usual control sticks you have four buttons: Headless mode, RTH, Geomagnetic calibration and Power switch. While the left shoulder button allows to take pictures, the right one to start/stop video recording. The right dial-knob allows to remote change the camera’s tilt angle.