While the little Breeze was Yuneec’s answer to DJI’s Spark, the MANTIS Q wants to be the contender of the popular Mavic Pro. Equipped with 4K camera and up to 33 minutes flight autonomy, the YUNEEC MANTIS Q seems to be one of the best foldable drones of 2018.
When it is folded together, the Mantis Q measures only 168 x 96 x 58 mm and weights about 480 grams (including camera and battery).
Instead of a real motorised 3-axis gimbal, the YUNEEC MANTIS Q’s camera features only optical image stabilisation. The angle of the camera can be remotely adjusted.
Unlike most in its class, Mantis Q comes equipped with advanced indoor stabilization technology. Down-facing dual sonar sensors and infrared detection make it safe enough to fly indoors and outdoors.
Both, FPV and control range are up to 800 meters for Europe (CE standard) and up to 1500 meters for US (FCC standard). I know the Mavic Pro has much longer control\video transmission range for both standards.
Surely, with top speed of 72Km/h the YUNEEC MANTIS Q is currently one of the fastest cruising drone around world. It is 7km/h faster than its contender.
Yuneec Mantis Q features & specs
- Innovative foldable design;
- PX4 based flight controller;
- Indoor & outdoor operation mode;
- Voice control and Visual tracking;
- Face recognition & instant sharing;
- Intelligent flight modes (Journey mode, Point of interest, RTH);
- Fail-safe auto return tome;
- Dual satellite positioning system (GPS & GLONASS);
- 4K camera with remote angle adjustment;
- 4800×2700 (16:9) or 4160×3120 (4:3) video resolutions;
- Up to 13Mp photo resolution (JPG & DNG);
- Electronic image stabilization at 1080P;
- Maximum flight speed: Angle/Manual Mode: 21.6 km/h, Sport Mode: 72 km/h, IPS/Phone Mode: 14.4 km/h;
- Transmitter range: 800 m (CE standard, optimum conditions), 1.5 km (FCC standard);
- FPV range 1.5 km (FCC standard, optimum conditions), 800 m (Ce standard, optimum conditions)
- Up to 33 minutes flying autonomy.
Included accessories with the Yuneec Mantis Q travel mate drone
The Mantis Q drone comes in a standard setup that includes a remote, 3.7V/3000mAh flight battery, spare propellers and a serial triple charger that charges up to three batteries in a row. The X Pack (aka Fly more combo), which is also available, contains the aircraft and transmitter, as well as three batteries and two sets of spare blades. It comes in a small, practical transportation & storage bag.
Yuneec Mantis Q promo video
Price & availability
- Mantis Q – $499.99: MantisQ, controller, one battery, spare propellers (one set) three-port charger, power and USB cable.
- Mantis Q (X-Pack) – $649.99: Mantis Q, controller, three batteries, travel shoulder bag, spare propellers (one set), three-port charger, power and USB cable.
For now, both models are available only for pre-orders. Frankly, in my opinion the Mantis Q is a bit overpriced taking in consideration the lack of a mechanical camera gimbal and short flying distance.
Image & video credit to Yuneec
last update on 8/17/2018