Zhiyun-Tech, one of the biggest players in the video stabilizer industry just announced its smallest phone gimbal. When folded-up Zhiyun SMOOTH-X fits easily in any pocket. It’s even smaller than the recently reviewed SMOOTH-Q2. Furthermore, its grip can be extended up to 260mm allowing to capture from the perfect angle.
Thanks to its instant landscape/portrait transition, no matter you’re an Instagram influencer, TikTok fun maker, or a YouTube streamer, you will find the SMOOTH X gimbal a great companion. Through the ZY Cami APP, you will have access to creative modes like slow-motion, immersive time-lapse, and panorama.
On the front panel, in addition to the control joystick, you have two buttons (Mode and Shutter) and a status LED. The power button and charging indicators are located on the phone arm.
The Zhiyun SMOOTH-X foldable phone gimbal features Pan following, Locking, and Roll+Pan following working modes.
Zhiyun SMOOTH X SM108 features and specs
- Palm-size, foldable design, easy to fit in your pocket;
- Super smooth 2-axis motorized stabilization;
- Instant landscape to portrait mode switch;
- Pan following, Locking and Roll, and Pan following modes.
- Built-in Bluetooth support to direct control of your phone;
- Revolutionary extendable grip (up to 260mm);
- Intelligent subject tracking with compatible smartphones;
- Gesture control;
- Smart filming with ZY Cami APP;
- 200±35 grams valid payload;
- Up to 5.5 hours of battery life (typical 4h).
According to the advertised specs, its built-in 1000mAh battery allows an outstanding of up to 5.5 hours working time with a single charge.