A few months ago, the Chinese Cheerson manufacturer launched a very attractive quadcopter with an extremely ugly remote controller, the CX-30.
Now, they quit with the physical remote controller and they added to the CX-30W remote control support with modern IOS mobile phones (iPhones from Apple).
Right now I received an email from the manufacturer. I have asked them about the Android OS support for the CX-30W. The response was disappointing: at this time you can’t fly with the Cheerson CX-30w using your Android device (smartphone or tablet).
For real-time video transfer from the quadcopter’s camera to your iPhone or iPad you must download and install from the “Apple App Store” the CX_WiFiUFO” application.
The Cheerson CX-30W, with a price under $69 (excluding shipping and taxes), will be a very fun full toy-grade quadcopter. The scheduled availability of this aircraft is after 1th of September 2014.
Cheerson CX-30W Wi-Fi quadcopter features
- 2.4Ghz WIFI signal-controlled quadcopter;
- Remote control distance 30-50 meter;
- Real-time image transmission;
- First-person view;
- onboard camera for both picture and video shooting.
- Live video distance: 20 meter
- 4 channel quadcopter with 6 axis gyroscope;
- Can be hand launched;
- 2 flight speed mode for different players;
- Low battery voltage alarm;
- LED lights for night flight;
- High capacity 700mHa battery;
- Flight time: 5 – 8 minutes;
- size: 185 x 185 x 20mm.