JJRC H8C – Best quadcopter under $60
This new quadcopter comes under different names: JJRC H8C, JJRC F183 or DFD F183. All of them are offering the same flight characteristics and features. They also have the same design and I think that the spare parts are interchangeable between these models.
The JJRC H8C has an on-board 2Mp HD camera that allows the pilot to capture aerial videos with a resolution of 1280 x 720 and 30 frames per second. Unfortunately, the quadcopter doesn’t have first person view mode, but I’m planning to add such a feature to my H8C.
Compared with his competitor that uses only a 3.7v battery, the JJRC H8C has a 7.4V battery. More power means: higher speed, longer flight time, extended flight range and better wind resistance.
It is a ready to fly quadcopter, the package of the H8C contains everything you need to fly with it. You also got four spare propellers in case of too many crash landings.
Until I tested this JJRC H8C quadcopter I thought that no model can dethrone the popular X5C from Syma, but after my first outdoor flight I knew that we have a new winner.
As I mentioned earlier, I’m planning to improve the JJRC H8C with some hacks. Firstly I want to add some real ball bearings to reduce the noise and the frictions. Also, I want to tray to add some cheap FPV solution to the quad.
Other option that I want to try is to add an external Wi-Fi antenna to the H8C ‘s remote controller that hopefully will increase the flight range.
If you have any advice or suggestion how the JJRC H8C quadcopter can be improved, just leave me a comment or send me an email.
JJRC H8C quadcopter features and specs
- Onboard 720p HD Camera with 1280×720 pixels;
- The flight speed can be set between: 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%;
- 6 Axis gyroscope;
- Very stable with good wind resistance;
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor flight;
- LED light for night flights;
- Flight functions: up/down, left/right, sideward fight, forward/backward, turn left/right and 360-degree flips;
- Remote control distance: approximately 80 meters;
- Flight time: up to 8 minutes;
- Battery charger time: very long, up to 90 minutes. I recommend to buy it together with the H8C at least one spare battery;
- Battery: 2 cell 7.4V 500mAh Li-Po;
- Available colors: black and white;
- Size: 33 x 33 x 11.5 cm;
JJRC H8C quadcopter package includes:
- The quadcopter it self;
- 2.4Ghz transmitter with LCD display;
- Powerful 7.4V 500mAh Li-Po battery;
- One set of spare propellers;
- Prop guards, very useful for indoor flight and beginner pilots;
- 2Gb micro SD memory card for aerial videos and still images;
- USB micro SD card reader;
- Li-Po battery charger;
- JJRC H8C user manual;