Cheerson CX-20 user manual download page.
You will find in this user manual everything you need to operate and fly this GPS quadcopter.
This aircraft is a DJI Phantom clone with a better price, has GPS, one button return home, altitude hold, headless flight, GoPro camera mount, stable mode and manual mode. This is the ultimate quadcopter in it’s price range for first person flight and aerial photography.
Basic operation of the Cheerson CX-20 quadcopter:
1. Binding the quadcopter
- insert the battery into the quadcopter battery container and connect them. The Red indicator light and the Green indicator light will blink rapidly alternately;
- turn on the transmitter, put the throttle stick to the lowest position, the binding with the quadcopter will succeed after the switching-on sound of the transmitter stops.
2. Receive the GPS signals with the aircraft
- the first time outdoor, it takes longer to get the GPS signals, please wait about 2-3 minutes until the LED light becomes steady;
- be careful, do not use the GPS Mode for indoor flight in order to avoid accidents.
3. Motor Unlock & Motor Lock
- put down the throttle stick to the bottom right position, when the Red light become steady, the motors are unlocked;
- once binding, put down the throttle stick on the transmitter to the bottom left position. when the Red light blinks, the motors are locked.
Calibration of the CX-20 quadcopter. If the quadcopter flies unsteadily, it needs to be recalibrated the gyros system:
- move the throttle stick of the RC to bottom left, the Red light and Green light blinks alternately, then it is locked.
- move the throttle stick to bottom right until the rear red and yellow lights blink alternately, then to take off the quadcopter and make it hover in the air for more than 20 seconds, land and lock it again. The aircraft will fly steadily after it is re-unlocked.
For more interesting and useful tips about operating the CX-20 multi-rotor please read the user manual.
Download the full Cheerson CX-20 user manual here:
Joey Mirabelli and Edward Byrne created an nice tutorial about how to prepare your brand new CX-20 Open Source (aka Quanum Nova) for the first flight (download link below). You can follow them on the “Cheerson, Quanum & Twister Multirotors. Help, Info & Videos” Facebook group.