Eachine Wizard X220S racing quadcopter for GoPro Session and RunCam 3
After the popular 250mm sized racing quads, Eachine came up yesterday with a smaller model called Wizard X220S. Even if has only 220mm wheelbase, natively comes with GoPro Session camera mount.
In order to be fast and reactive, the Eachine Wizard X220S is powered by a 4cell, 75C Li-Po battery.
The Wizard X220S is built around the latest F4 flight controller (V2) flashed with BetaFlight Omnibus firmware.
Recently I reviewed the FrSky Taranis Q X7 transmitter and now I’m searching for a versatile racing drone to explore all its capabilities. Honestly, the Eachine Wizard X220S has stirred my curiosity but unfortunately for now it is sold only in bundle with iRangeX iRX-i6X transmitter (no PNP package).
ARF package is available for $175.99 here: https://goo.gl/vDvf9g. The expected restock for RTF package (in combo with iRangeX iRX-i6X remote controller) is 1st of August.
Eachine Wizard X220S highlights
- Robust, 4mm thick carbon fiber frame;
- Versatile F4 flight controller with BetaFlight Omnibus firmware;
- Multiple flight modes;
- Powerful brushless motors (2300KV, 1100G max thrust);
- 5.8G VTX with switchable broadcast power (25mW, 200mW and 600mW);
- 600TVL camera and additional camera mount for GoPro Session and alike cameras;
- 10Chanel radio system (AFHDS 2A / AFDHS);
- High voltage (4s) power option.
As you can see below, the package of the Eachine Wizard X220S is very generous. You will need additionally a FPV goggles for FPV flights. I also recommend purchasing together with the quad a couple of spare batteries.
Eachine Wizard X220S main parts and included accessories (RTF package)
- 220mm carbon fiber frame kit;
- iRangeX iRX-i6X transmitter (FlySky FS-i6x clone)
- iRangeX iR-A8S radio receiver;
- F4 V2 flight controller with BetaFlight 3.1.5 Omnibus firmware;
- 1500mAH 4S 14.8V 75C flight battery and balance charger;
- 1 set of 2206 2300KV brushless motors (2xCW and 2xCCW);
- Eachine 30A BLHELI_S 4 in 1 ESC;
- 800TVL camera;
- 5.8G 72CH VTX for FPV flights;
- 5.8G Pagoda antenna;
- 5 sets of Eachine 5051 3-blade propellers (all purple);
- Camera Mount for RunCam 3 and Gopro Session cameras;
- 2 pieces of battery straps;
- Propeller tools.