After DJI has announced their OSMO Pocket, it was only a matter of time for other manufacturers to come up with similar ultra-compact handheld stabilized cameras. The FIMI PALM is Xiaomi’s response to DJI’s Osmo Pocket. At first sight, there is not much design difference between these two handheld 4K gimbal cameras. Also, both have similar size and weight as well. While the Xiaomi FIMI PALM measures 30.5 x 22.7 x 127 mm and weights 120 grams, the DJI Pocket Osmo has 36.9 × 28.6 x 121.9 mm and 116 grams.
In addition to the four shouting modes (Pitch lock, FPV, Follow and All locked), the FIMI Palm pocket gimbal features lots of creative modes.
Thanks to the larger capacity battery (1000mAh vs 875mAh), the FIMI PALM has almost two times longer working time than its contender.
For best audio quality, besides the built-in microphones (frontal & side), you can use an external microphone through the standard 3.5mm jack.
The user interface of the FiMI Palm is incredibly easy to use. The 1.22″ touchscreen LCD is paired with a tiny 5-way joystick and dedicated shutter button.
Price & Availability
After long waiting, finally the FIMI Palm 4K gimbal become widely available, now you can order it from most important retailers. During spring sales you can find it on GearBest and Banggood for $US 199.99.
Starting with January 2000, the FP is available again for pre-orders at GB. This time for $199.99. Note: Estimated delivery date is after April 2, 2020! GB started to list the FP for pre-orders at a very attractive price – only $144. Furthermore, initially you need to make just a 10 busks deposit and latter to pay the rest of the money. Estimated shipping time is between 07 – 12 January. Note: preorders are limited to 1 pieces! Pre-orders were limited to 2500 pieces – now there is available only “Arrival Notice”.
Xiaomi FiMI Palm 4K gimbal camera highlights
- Compact size (30.5 x 22.7 x 127 mm);
- Ultralight (120 grams);
- 3-axis mechanical stabilization;
- Ultra-wide angle lens (128°);
- 4K@30fps video recording – up to 100Mbs;
- Integrated 5-way Joystick;
- Integrated color 1.22″ live-view LED touchscreen (240 x 240 pixels);
- Built-in dual-microphones;
- Wireless connectivity (WiFi + Bluetooth);
- 4 Shooting Modes (Pitch Lock Mode, FPV Mode, Follow Mode, and All Locked Mode);
- Multiple creative modes (time-lapse, motion-lapse, hyper-lapse, super HDR, night shots, panorama, 8x slow-motion and 3x stabilized zoom);
- Smart tracking;
- Up to 240 minutes working time (1080@30fps).
After a quick overview of the features, biggest improvements of the FIMI PALM compared to its rival are the built-in wireless connectivity and tripod mount. Also, the larger field of view (128° vs 80°) will be appreciated by those who like to use this type of video gears in their vacations.
last update on 12 April 2020