GEPRC’s new generation freestyle drone, the MARK5 claims to be the best freestyle quadcopter in the market. Many pilots already compare it to the epic iFlight Nazgul5 quadcopter. The GEPRC MARK5 drone was released in three versions: HD AIR UNIT, HD VISTA, and Analog. While digital versions have a DJI Air Unit camera, the analog edition has a Caddx Ratel 2 camera. All versions are available with optional ELRS, FrSky R-XSR, or TBS Crossfire Nano RX radio receiver.
MARK5 is developed specifically for freestyle with a wide X-arm design. The unique shock absorbing structure design with fewer vibrations and resonance provide a stable operating environment for the electronic system. It is equipped with GEPRC’s latest high-performance SPAN F722-HD-BT flight controller that supports Bluetooth wireless connection for easy field tuning.
The freshly upgraded SPAN G50A BLHeli_32 4IN1 50A ESC with GEPRC’s latest 2107.5 motors, has great explosive power and very fast response speed. 4S edition comes with 2450KV motors and the 6S version with 1960KV motors.
The MARK5 is shipped with two different 3D printed action cam mounts that can be fitted with GoPro8/9/10, Naked GoPro8, Insta 360 GO2, and Caddx Peanut cameras.
Price and availability
You can order both, analog and digital editions of Mark 5 from Banggood with a starting price of $402.49. For the Air Unit version with the TBS Crossfire Nano RX radio receiver, you will need to pay $622.54.
GEPRC MARK5 highlights
- Analog and HD digital FPV versions;
- 4S and 6S power options (1960KV – 6S / 2450KV – 4S);
- Aluminum alloy side plates not only look stunning but reduce weight and add more endurance (225mm wheelbase);
- Perfect for freestyle flying and bando-bashing;
- Supports Bluetooth wireless connection for easy field tuning;
- Developed specifically for freestyle with wide X-arm design;
- SPAN G50A BLHeli_32 4IN1 50A ESC with GEPRC’s latest 2107.5 motors, has great explosive power and quick response speed.
- Unique shock-absorbing structure design, fewer vibrations and resonance;
- Specially designed independent capacitor and buzzer compartment for better performance and shaking reduction;
- The new GEMFAN Freestyle 4S propellers provide a delicate and silky smooth flight experience;
- Analog version is equipped with our latest incredible RADVTX 1.6W paired with Caddx Ratel 2 camera;
- Two different 3D printed action cam mounts for GoPro8/9/10, Naked Gobro8, Insta 360 GO2, and Caddx Peanut cameras;
- A variety of receiver choices including our brand new ExpressLRS Rx.
SPAN F722-HD-BT flight controller specs
- MCU: STM32F722RET6;
- IMU: MPU6000(SPI);
- Firmware target: GEPRCF722;
- BlackBox: 16Mb onboard Flash;
- Bluetooth configuration supported;
- Integrated LC Filter;
- Type-C USB interface;
- The directly connected DJI Digital FPV System;
- BLheli_32 50A ESC 4in1;
- Simple installation method, compact space;
- Support: Sbus,PPM,CRSF,DSMX,iBus;
- DJI FPV Air Unit Supported;
- OSD: BetaFlight OSD w/ AT7456E chip;
- Size: 36x36mm board, φ4mm with Grommets φ3mm.
SPAN G50A BLHeli_32 4IN1 ESC specs
- MCU: STM32F051K86(32bit 48mHz)
- Continuous Current: 50A
- Peak Current: 55A (5S)
- Current sensor: YES
- Support DSHOT1200/DSHOT600, PWM, Multishot, OneShot
- Firmware Version:GEPRC-BL32-4IN1
- Input Voltage: 3-6S Lipo
- Size: 36x36mm board, φ4mm with Grommets φ3mm
SPEEDX2 2107.5 Motor specs
- KV: 1960KV ( 6S Version) / 2450KV ( 4S Version)
- Configuration: 12N14P
- Stator Diameter: 21mm
- Stator Height: 7.5mm
- Shaft Diameter: Φ4.0mm
- Size: Φ26.83mm*30.85mm
- Rotor: N52H ARC
- Weight: 29.5g
GEPRC MARK5 4S or 6S for a first time pilot?
if you are totally new to this hobby I suggest practicing first with a simulator then start with a whoop-style drone. 6s racing/freestyle quads like the Mark5 are for pro pilots!