There is a constant challenge for manufacturers to maintain their drones under 250grams. They need to keep a good balance between flight performance, battery life, and weight. Holybro recently released a new 3″ FPV racing drone that weighs only 145 grams. Considering that a 4S 850mAh LIPO battery has about 100 grams, the total take-off weight of the Kopis Racing 3 remains under 250g.
The Holybro Kopis Racing 3″ is built on a robust 137mm size carbon fiber frame with 4mm thick arms. Its powerful F1507 KV3800 brushless motors are paired with 3-leaf propellers. The flight stack consists of a Kakute F7 Mini V3 flight controller and Tekko32 F3 4in1 35A mini ESC board.
The angle of the RunCam Racer Nano 2 camera can be uptilt from 10 degrees to 90 degrees. Using the high-power Atlatl HV Micro 5.8Ghz VTX, FPV range should not be an issue. Unfortunately, the badly positioned (in front, right above the camera) 3D printed antenna mount makes it impossible of installing a second ultra-light camera like the SMO 4K or Insta360 GO 2.
Holybro Kopis Racing features and specs
- 3″ FPV Racing drone under 250g (145g aircraft weight + ~100g 850mAh 4s LIPO);
- 137mm size carbon fiber frame with 4mm arms;
- Versatile Kakute F7 Mini V3 flight controller;
- Tekko32 F3 4in1 35A mini ESC;
- F1507 KV3800 brushless motors + T3140 propellers;
- RunCam Racer Nano 2 camera;
- Atlatl HV Micro 5.8GHz VTX;
- Onboard buzzer;
- Noise filtering capacitor;
- 4S LIPO compatible (XT30 plug).