With nice foldable design and weight of less than 250 grams, the newly announced MJX Bugs B7 seems to be the best Mavic Mini alternative under $200. Furthermore, the Bugs B7 has a 4K camera instead of just a 2.7K like the Mini! Unfortunately, the first rumors doesn’t mention anything about its image stabilization type. Without a 3-axis mechanical gimbal it is almost impossible to capture truly cinematic grade footage.
Powered by a 2S/1500mAh battery, the MJX Bugs 7 has about 15 minutes flight time, which is only half as the MM claims to have. In order to allow table hovering in both environments (indoor and outdoor) it combines GPS positioning with visual positioning.
MJX Bugs B7 drone highlights
- Compact size with foldable arms (175 mm wheelbase);
- Lightweight, only 245 grams;
- GPS and Optical Flow positioning system;
- 1306 2750KV brushless motors;
- On-board 4K camera with 1/2.7″ CMOS image sensor (4K@16fps or 2.5K@25fps);
- 5G WIFi HD real-time video transmission (720P@20FPS FPV);
- Remote camera angle adjustment (0° to -90°);
- Transmitter with status LCD and phone holder;
- Around 15 minutes of flight time.
Price and availability
Starting today (March 17) it can be pre-ordered (in stock alert) from Banggood. According on how many battery you choose, the price varies between 179-199$. This price includes battery charger, transmitter and spare propellers. Note: due to the Coronavirus outbreak, most orders from China have very long processing time!
As you can see in the image bellow, the MJX R/C B7 drone is packed with a nice entry level remote controller. On front panel, besides the usual control sticks and power switch, there are 3 buttons and a status LCD screen which displays telemetry details (like #satellites, flight speed and altitude). The transmitter can be easily switched between left or right throttle modes.
Included accessories with MJX Bugs B7 drone
- remote controller w/ phone holder;
- 7.6V 1500mAh Battery (1, 2 or 3 pieces);
- battery charger;
- USB Cable;
- 1 set of spare propellers;
- User manual.