After the FiMI Palm, another pocket 4K gimbal is about to be released. Like many awesome gadgets, the Snoppa Vmate also started on IndieGoGo. While the project goal was set to HK$400000, they managed to raise more than 3 million HKD from about 2000 backers – and the numbers are growing hour by hour. Vmate promises not just pocket size like the Osmo Pocket, but few more extra features such as lens rotation. Furthermore, it has a WiFi module – no additional accessories required for wireless connectivity. On top of that, all for a more friendly price tag.
Vmate Snoppa 4K pocket gimbal highlights
- 3-axis mechanical stabilization;
- Integrated color 1.22″ live-view LED touchscreen (850 Nits brightness);
- 1/2.3″ CMOS image sensor (12M effective pixels);
- Ultra-wide angle lens (81°);
- 90 degree rotating lens (landscape/portrait mode);
- 4K@60fps video recording – up to 100Mbs (H265);
- 1080P@240fps for cool slow-mo videos;
- Built-in dual-microphones (noise reduction or stereo audio);
- Wireless connectivity (WiFi 5G + Bluetooth 4.1);
- USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C wired connection;
- Multiple creative modes (Panorama, Time-lapse, Motion-lapse & Hyper-lapse);
- Smart tracking;
- Up to 160 minutes working time (1080@30fps);
- ND filter compatible;
- Vmate Adapter with GoPro and Tripod mounts;
- Compact size (37.6×32.3×122 mm);
- Ultralight (118 grams).
Hardware-wise, it features Cortex-A53 ARM CPU, 1/2.3″ CMOS images sensor, and 81° FOV lens. The Aperture is f/2.0 and it can shoot videos up to 4K@60fps, as well as 1080p@240fps. By comparison, the FiMI Palm can record 4K videos with only 30 fps!
Price & Availability
As I mentioned in the introduction of my article, for now, the Vmate gimbal is offered by Snoppa Technology only through Indiegogo. There are 8 custom “perks”. My favorite one is “Perk HK$ 1,919” and you will receive “Vmate Super Combo” with 44% off. Super combo includes Vmate Basic pack, 128G Micro SD card, Vmate Bracket, ND Filter Kit and Vmate Protector Package. The cheapest option is “Vmate Super early bird” which includes gimbal, multi-functional case, USB tyle-C cable, and wrist strap – all for US$189.
As the founding campaign ends on December 20, I expect that the first batch of Vmate gimbals will be delivered somewhere in January 2020.