New affordable Mavic MINI alternatives are released almost every week. Today we will have a closer look at the ZLL SG108 PRO YAN 2, a very capable GPS-enabled brushless drone. In addition to the cool folding design, it comes equipped with a 4K camera and lots of intelligent flight modes.
Thanks to the fail-safe return to home function, in case of remote controller signal loss or low flight battery voltage, the drone will return autonomously to the take-off point. The advertised range is about 1000 meters.
Being powered by a two-cell 2200mAh modular battery it can stay in the air for about 25 minutes. The battery pack can be conveniently recharged using the included micro USB cable. On the back of the battery, there are four LEDs that indicate the charging level.
The main camera is installed on a 2-axis gimbal that allows remote angle adjustment. Like most similar drones, the SG108PRO also features 5.8GHZ WIFI real-time image transmission.
While the optical flow positioning (OFP) allows stable hovering indoor, the GPS positioning ensures prices hovering in an outdoor environment.
Price, availability, and options
Starting with April 7, the SG108 PRO can be ordered from Banggood with a starting price of $146.99. This price includes a nice storage bag, remote controller, one battery, charger, and a set of spare propellers. There is also an option for a fly more combo pack with 3 flight batteries for $196.99. You can opt between black and color options.
ZLL SG108 PRO drone features and specs
- Mavic Mini like folding design (only 13×8.3×5.7cm);
- 278grams take-off weight;
- GPS + Optical flow positioning;
- Powerful brushless motors;
- 4K UHD camera with 2-axis gimbal;
- 5GHz WIFI video transmission (FPV);
- Intelligent flight modes (Smart follow, Flying around, and Custom Waypoint);
- Up to 1000 meter flight range.
- About 25 minutes of battery life;
- Two-color options (black and orange).
Included accessories with the SG108 PRO drone
- Remote Control with phone holder;
- 7.4V 2200mAh flight battery (1, 2 or 3);
- USB Charging Cable;
- Gimbal protector;
- Set of spare propellers;
- Screwdriver + pack of spare screws;
- Drone manual.
Update: Test unit was sent out, so stay tuned for an in-depth SG108Pro review.