Equipped with PTZ 3-axis 4K gimbal and featuring up to 26 minutes of flight time, the new upgraded ZLRC SG906 Pro 2 seems to be right now the best Mavic Air 2 alternative under $200. In addition to the frontal 4K camera, there is a second one on the belly which serves as an optical-flow positioning sensor.
The ZLRC Beast SG906 Pro 2 is powered by a 7.4V/3400mAh battery that allows more than 25 minutes of airborne time. According to the rumored specs, the control range is around 1KM and the FPV range is a bit shorter (~800 meters).
Vloggers will appreciate the gesture photo/video modes and instant social sharing. The second-generation SG906 Pro 2 is also capable of intelligent flight modes such as surround orbiting and autonomous waypoint flights.
Price and availability
Starting August 27, the second-generation Beast SG906 Pro 2 can be ordered from Banggood with 15% off. At the checkout, you can choose for 1, 2, or 3 flight batteries. As a storage solution, you have standard box, a backpack, or a hardshell case. For more fun, you can also opt for a megaphone system. Basic package with one battery is advertised for $169.99.
ZLRC SG906 Pro 2 Beast features and specs
- Space-saving Mavic Air 2 alike foldable design;
- Powerful brushless motors;
- GPS and Optical flow positioning system;
- Fail-safe return to home (low battery or RC signal loss);
- Smart flight modes (Follow Sourond 2.0 and Map Waypoint);
- 4K@25FPS HDR camera with Sony IMX179 image sensor;
- Pro-grade 3-axis mechanical stabilization w/ PTZ control;
- WiFi real-time image transmission, remote camera angle adjustment, and 50x digital zoom;
- Up to 1200 meters control range and 800 meters FPV range;
- About 26 minutes of battery life.
ZLRC SG906 Pro 2 remote controller
In order to be more packable, similar to Air 2’s transmitter, the SG906 Pro 2’s has removable sticks. On the bottom of the remote controller, there is a status LCD screen that shows telemetry data like flight distance, flight altitude, RC signal strength, and number of satellites found.
On the front panel, beside the usual control sticks, you have four control buttons. From left to the right, you can find RTH, Speed switch, Video, and Photo. On each side, there are two shoulder buttons. While left ones are Headless mode switch and One Key Start/Landing, the right one allows you to move the Gimbal Up/Down.
Included accessories with Beast SG906 Pro 2 drone
- Remote controller w/ phone holder;
- Pair of transmitter sticks;
- 1, 2, or 3 flight batteries (7.4V/3400mAh);
- One pair of spare propellers with installation screws;
- Optional shoulder bag;
- Drone manual.